quote:
Originally posted by mike peters:
The worst case ..we would have removed the Handle and it wouldn't be signed ...that would have been like that Heraldo show when they opened Al Capone's Safe and it was empty. In this case though ..it turned out a lot better. Signed Blades are a good thing Wink

Mike, Yes, signed blades are a good thing, but I really think Bob was trying to respond to your comment which somewhat implied that an unsigned blade would be a big disappointment. Many experienced collectors (I'm sure Bill and Bob are among them) can tell when, what school of swordsmiths and often by whom a blade was made soley by viewing the color of the steel, curvature of the blade, the temper line, the blade point, etc. - before ever looking for a signature. Many important Japanese blades are unsigned. I did not get the impression that Bob was belittling your nice Katana. Just my humble opinion.
BTW, Bob nearly always types in CAPS. I always used to consider that being the same as SHOUTING.
That is, until a friend with poor eyesight told me it was easier to read for him.

WANTED TO REPURCHASE!! Walther pistol Model PP - ac code - Ser. No. 382000P - REWARD FOR INFO ABOUT THIS PISTOL!!