Just some ramblings - it didn't kill the medal area only because the new fakes you can't tell the difference.

GAB ,SWB, Heer visor devices, campaign shields, don't care who you are your fooling yourself if you think you know..
It was only a few months after when that really good GAB book came out that a firm in Warsaw had one in their shop and was making perfect copies. That was years ago!..
Same with EKs,, a Floch from a few years ago are only distinguishable because of the date is slightly high [or is that low Razz] and the mark on the pin! come on,,lets guess how good they are now.. I wouldn't take any of them if you gave them to me..

Daggers? I guess the guys specializing in them know what their doing..

Cloth? ,ridiculous. Case in point, last month I sold a early issue Zelt [knowing exactly where it came from] It was returned because [main reason] there were buttons replaced and the pegs painted! imagine that! 5 years of war and he wanted one that would be perfect!
A couple years ago we had a friend that had 2 black PZ wraps that a US vet brought home, they were 100% good. At the MAX [or was it SOS] a expert didn't like the way the eagles were sewn on and proclaimed them 'probably fakes'!

No one can agree 100% on bullion eagles whther they be Heer or SS.

Some of the leather gear is so good that after worn by re-enactors a few years they are indistinguishable from the authentic.

Helmets? give me a break Roll Eyes......

25yr olds want,, Jobs, cash, women, good drugs, fast cars/bikes [not in any official order Wink] You can count the young guys on one hand at the MAX/SOS..

Adults will always collect this stuff. People usually only get burned when they buy strictly as an investment and let others do the homework for them.