It seems to me the younger generation is interested in other areas of life. Perhaps higher education or recently married and wanting to buy a new home. A child on the way is expensive. When I stsrted collecting in the late 60's early 70's you didn't need to consider a bank loan to buy a dagger. Newspaper adds and garage sales payed off like a slot machine with little investment. !st class Iron Cross was 10 bucks, a 2nd class was 5 bucks. In the Dagger class SA's were the most abundant and cheapest. I bought a SS Dagger from a vet for 35.00 bucks and I thought at the time that was high. The age of the advanced collector, the economy and the excellerated prices of TR goodies put a big gap in a new generation of collectors. With the introduction of the internet and the deep pocket dealers prices have soared over the years. I thought it was insane when SA's hit 200 bucks, look at what they demand now. I'm glad I stated when I did and have what I have now or I would be to discouraged to begin this hobby. I don't think the hobby is doomed to die, but it does seem to be weak in new interest. I am 61 years old now, but I still enjoy and get just as excited as I did when I was 19 when I discover a new find. If the hobby dies, my love for it never will.