Again, I agree that the presence of vet acquired pieces is a positive. However, the discrepencies are what I find disturbing (no pieces with provenance, differences in structural componants from accepted wartime original pieces, no kleins with dots). As Dave has pointed out in the catalog for items available for sale post war, awards were available to purchase. Without a piece with solid provenance, it becomes a matter of faith as far as what we all consider to be "enough" to consider a piece wartime. I think that if these pieces are in fact wartime, at some point a piece with fairly solid provenance should turn up as supporting evidence. Perhaps that will turn up in time, at which point I would change my mind. It is nagging me as to why the firm would change the wreath and the sunburst and stop whatever relationship they had with klein. I realize that other badges changed over the war, yet the wreath characterisitics of the other makers of DKiGs remained the same, even in going from the early 6 rivet deschlers to the heavy and light four rivet examples. Why such a departure for zimmerman?