Tom, I take strong issue with your absurd statement "some of these pcs. sold by veterans are not original". I am wondering on what planet this unearthly phenomenon takes place. In buying from veterans via my ads for 45 years, I've NEVER experienced any veteran trying to sell me any fakery. I do admit that at gun shows tho, fake-peddling charlatans posing as "veterans" have tried with no success to sell me repros; but since it was spotted right away that said fakes were repros, it didn't happen. The only way such a happenstance could take place is if the buyer with very little real experience, didn't know what the heck he was doing, didn't know what he was looking at. I think it all boils down to experience. And lots of it, with many years of looking at these things. Experience & true knowledge will ferret the thief out of the woodshed & disclose the impostor. You pointed out such an example, as you said you were bamboozled by someone posing as a veteran, into buying a supposedly fake Knight's Cross & a fake Floch EK1, what the heck,- why on earth did you get taken in the first place on such elementary pcs.?