I think that both sides here have made "a great case" for their opinions. But-IMO -there will never be agreement. It's just opinion. Both Frederick J. and Craig have made IMO great and significant contributions to the hobby most of us love. I thanked Craig before but I would like to thank Fred also for all his numerous and significant contributions. They don't agree here. So what? That does not mean that they need to try to destroy each other.
The matter of the dagger IMO is up to the owner. If he wants to have it examined here that is his right. But- he does not have to just because some want to. Craig does not have to answer to this forum or anyone about other collector's property he has sold if the owner does not wish it. How many would like some of their favorite things torn apart here? Oh yeah! We can do it here to ANYTHING!
So-I would hope we can end this. Nothing can be gained if this continues. It's just opinion. IMO Confused

MAX & OVMS Life Member, MAX Bd. of Experts. GDC Platinum Dealer. Collector since 1955.