reply moved to this thread.. Cool

"Hi Denny,....Thankyou for your input, you are totaly correct on all points. I should have described the "Hitler standard" correctly as the Leibstandarte DE at the start of this debate, it's just that since I first saw pictures of the standard as a kid, (many years ago) I have always refered to it incorrectly as the Hitler standard, even though similar in design but of smaller size than the actual Hitler standard flag proper......Anyway, I can now confirm that the Leibstandarte DE is indeed in the Russian archive and now recognised by them as such. However for reasons unknown, it still remains in storage and not on public display?......I must just also say that I find it so very dissapointing that this rare and important item is not given the care and respect that it rightfully deserves!......With this in mind I do therefore hope that if the larger Hitler standard flag has survived, it is in private hands and being looked after in a similar way as Mark (keeper of the Reichprotecktor banner shown earlier)looks after his, dehumidified and out of sunlight etc.......And finaly, once again if anyone dose happen to get a photo or any more accurate information reguarding this matter do please post it here. Thanks a lot!"