quote:
Originally posted by M. Bando:
Fran and All-THC aired a 2 hour documentary entitled 'Brothers in Arms-The Untold Story of the 502nd Parachute Infantry Regiment in Normandy'. The show aired on 18 December, 2005, 29 December, 2005, and recently this past Saturday and Sunday. Foglight Productions, which made the Doc. for THC, interviewed me on video for 3 hours at my home back in October. Of that, about 2.5 minutes made it onto the screen in the 2 hour finished product, but I did appear about 30 times for 5 seconds each time, as a talking head. No doubt the program will air again, but I have no idea when. You can watch listings for THC or order the program on DVD for about $30- from The History Channel website. The title in their catalog is 'Brothers In Arms-The Road to Hill 30.' This was produced in conjunction with Gearbox Toys in Texas, who made the video game of the same name. In the program, computer graphics were used to illustrate the actual combat and tactical scenarios, and this combined with vintage photos, vintage movie footage, cuts of veterans being interviewed and talking heads like myself, were all woven into an interesting and fast-paced presentation, which I think would hold the interest of even those who are not normally history fans.

Now we can say "we knew you before you were famous"...

Does that make your signature on the books I got from you worth anymore...I can call my insurance man if need be?

Fran
[email protected]
(Always looking for NICE German WWII Visors, Imperial/Third Reich Medal Bars & Excellent or better Silver Wound Badges)