Tom,

Its a good question, and I honestly dont know. Maybe JR will dig one up or one may pop up somewhere. Whoever made them did ok, but they vary in their own make. I dont understand them personally. I think I only took interest with them about 5 years ago and handled many of them. I would like to see an answer as well on these Wehogs. My question is? can you certify originality based on the process of manufacture?. If some guy in the 60's decided to knock off Wehogs in his garage, he would have needed a bird, and that bird or bird's had attaching studs of some form as there are remnents of them. But then there are different sizes?. I can only speculate that maybe someone banged these out off one bird, I must admit the pics you posted are better quality than some of the one's I have seen.

As far as the processes discussed, the 2 piece mold is key I think, I called today to find out what this guy thought and have yet to hear back. I dont think anyone is going to have any success in a perfect reproduction without serious out of pocket costs and work. But they do make nice display and I like having them around.

Best,

Kris