Here is what I have discovered. Thank you to those people who emailed me and helped me understand the situation.

Sir Gregory (Greg Zurawski) has associates in Poland and Germany who scour the flea markets and basically buy everything they can that will pass as a dagger.

Those members like myself, and I believe Gaspere and others will agree, the quality of the daggers at the flea markets was bad in 1994 and got worse until 2000 when I left. I hardly believe there is very much real coming out of the woodwork at the flea markets in the former East Block and Germany.

But I digress. Greg Zurawski receives these daggers in bulk, then lists them and those are the emails many of us receive. It is my understanding he personally does not see the daggers as anything but a unit of trade. In other words a parts dagger and an original dagger are the same to him.

If you buy a dagger from Greg Zurawski and send him the money, he will deliver the dagger. However, if you want to return the dagger, there are sometimes problems. I know of at least two people who returned the item and never received anything back.

This is the case with my friend in Italy. He made a bulk purchase of 20 daggers for $6,500. When he received them, he noted they were parts daggers and reproductions. He then agreed to keep 5 daggers (6 daggers according to Greg Zurawski) and return the rest for a $5,000 refund.

Greg Zurawski received the daggers and claims that the buyer took the parts from all the daggers and put together 6 out of the best parts and returned the junk to him.

Knowing he is now in a no win situation, my friend has agreed to accept the original daggers he sent back for refund.

AND NOW THE BREAKDOWN IN COMMUNICATION.

Sir Gregory now claims that he posted the daggers back to Italy, but has no documentation. So it appears he has stolen $5,000 from my friend

So, buyer beware. When something is too good to be true, it probably is.

By the way, it appears Sir Gregory has left Louisiana and is now in Florida.