quote:
I figure if the Smithsonian uses it on thier leather restoration its good to go.

VonRader, Just because these people say it is used by the Smithsonian does not necessarily make it so.

Pecards, and the people selling it, made and still make this claim. The Smithsonian says differently when I called them.

I cannot say about this product but a simple Email or phone call will answere the question.

One thing bothers me about their product..right off they are talking about oils. Oil, particularly petroleum oil is death to leather. Take neatsfoot oil for instance. The oil is very popular for lots of people to put on leather. Do you know what it was developed to do? To break down leather fibers. It was used to soften stiff new shoe leather soles. Since these only last a short while it was a good use. Put it on vintage leather and your precious collectble will soften and come apart. Oil reacts to leather fibers as it would your interlaced fingers on two hands. It will let the fibers slip apart. Leather will absorb most any liquid and I emplore all who plan to "improve" their leather collectable to think long and hard about putting anything on it. Even the product I use is not proven to prevent long term damage and it might even contribute to it. I have neglected to do a 100 year study to find out...Jerry Burney

lugerholsterrepair
Yuma, AZ 85367