ORPO,
Got to get my feet wet sometime....ok lets go to the blade. Strike four, see the slightly CURVED area on the upper right corner of the etch while the bottom corner is perfactly cut sharp. In all original exemples I have seen the ricasso areas top abd bottom are cut sharp with a well formes edge (not slightly rounded).
Personally, I feel the give-away to this etched piece is the fact that the wide blood groove is seen and not the "stepped" fuller. Why would Eickhorn sell a wide fuller piece to Curna when they didn't produce them "inhouse"? Granted it is possible that Curna ordered the blades etched and then put on their own hilts. This possibility is certainly streching though. But again, why wouldn't Eickhorn use their own blades for the run? The whole order is illogical.

Yes, WKC did purchase parts from other makers but they got their etched bayonets only from the Holler Firm as we see from their etched examples. IF WKC did purchase from another dress bayonet producer I have'nt seen it yet!
Page 28 gives the blade maker and vendee relationships that I have known. Cool

Curna may well have been a distributor, I
really don't know but then neither does anyone else apparently. Didn't Luft. and Army dagger blades get stamped with distributor and well as maker trademarks?