quote:
Originally posted by bwanek1:
quote:
Originally posted by Mr. Jerry:
Brad it is encouraging to know that you too are only human!

This is not an exact science, so anyone that says they never made a mistake is either lying to you or to themselves.

I am sure of this piece was unquestionably real she would have been flooded with offers to buy it.

I will be the first to admit that there is MUCH that I do not know and that I certainly make my share of mistakes. However, when I am uncertain, I do not spend money. More importantly, when someone else is asking for help, I [normally] do not even offer an opinion on something if I am uncetain or I will qualify any opinion I offer if I am less than certain, because I do not play games with other people's money. I would never want someone to lose money because he acted on bad information from me. For that reason, I am angry with myself for not taking greater care here. I hope no harm was done before the record was set straight.

I have to admit that I moved quickly to looking at the RZM tag as a shortcut to determine originality. Those are pretty easy to identify as real or fake and I took the fool's bait by going straight to that tag and overlooking this tab's obvious shortcomings. That tag still looks good to me, but I have been around this hobby long enough to have seen plenty of original tags stuck on fake items to know better than to fall for that old trick, especially when, as you pointed out, the letter code is conveniently missing!