TeNo / TN Ortsführer Car Pennant Banner

I just received this nice TeNo / TN car pennant banner, for the rank of Ortsführer. [It would have been attached to a mini-flag pole, mounted to the left front fender of his official vehicle. A TN ‘open Eagle’ finial (topper) was attached to the top of the mini-pole. The TN banners & pennants were made such that the Eagle’s head faced the attaching pole.] I am really very pleased with the banner. Sources tell us that there were an estimated 2,500 TN Ortsgruppen during the TR. So there were a number of these car banners around at one time. This is the only complete TeNo car pennant banner [rectangular shaped] that I've come across. I’m sure that there must be other examples out there in collections. …

Below is how Bill Shea [The Ruptured Duck] describes it:

“… RARE TeNo High Ranking Official's Fender Pennant... one of a kind offering. This pennant is rectangular rather than the usual triangle shape. This would indicate a higher ranking official. It measures approximately 8.75" x 12" and is made of a deep royal blue vertically ribbed fabric. Then woven directly onto the fabric surface is the silver flat wire machine applied TeNo eagle. This very distinctive insignia is repeated on the back. There is a silver bullion border that is about 3/16" wide and is inset from the edge by approximately 1/2". This is all sewn over a steel framework which has adjustable attachments for slipping over the pole from the fender of the car. Condition wise, it is overall Very Good. There are some visible stains on both sides (see pictures). There is also one small hole (the actual hole is pin size but the damage to the surface is closer to that of a small thumb tack). But taking into consideration the scarcity of the piece, the condition is readily acceptable. I would consider this to be 10 times rarer than an SS fender pennant. …”

Txs, … Dave / dblmed

TN-Orts-Car-Banner-1W.jpg (97.59 KB, 98 downloads)

[Always looking for TeNo � Schuma � Technische Noodhulp Items...]