CONGRATS Paul(!)

I know that you've been on the 'hunt' for a matched TeNo collar tab set for quite a while! Very nice set - the wait was worth it.

Your RANK Tab shows a halo from where the COG once was attached. This is perfectly fine & fits in with a collar tab set, dated mid 1943 until the end of the war. So, you really don't need to add the COG back, unless you want to do it.

From photo evidence, it is apparent that the vast majority of TeNo Officers & men Discontinued (i.e. Removed) the COG from their RANK Tab, starting in mid-late 1943 (for a yet unknown reason.)

[My 'belief' is that this was done in order to try to look more like the June 1, 1943 'new regulations.' These Regs. called for the "SS-Like" Collar Tabs, on both collars. BUT, TeNo supply never caught up with the demand for these 'new' Tabs. No proof yet, that the COG removal was the Official edict, but I 'believe' that it had to be, based upon the widespread practice.]

BELOW - The attached December, 1943 foto (from a nice TN album) clearly shows No COGS in wear by the 2 Officers (in Rt. front) - or - the TN-Mann at the top of the steps.

Another interesting observation is that one TN Officer is wearing the field-grey uniform with double Rank Tabs (No COG's) - & the second TN Officer is wearing the TN 'classic' dunkelblau uniform (No COG's). So we see 2 TN uniform types in wear in Hamburg in 1943. ...IMO, they 'just discarded' the COGS which now rest in some dusty drawer of memorabilia in Germany.

PAUL - can you post the Reverse of your neat tabs? It's fun to see the variations of the types of connectors. ...Txs, Dave/dblmed

TN-Hamb-Steps-12-43-BuM-sm.jpg (96.45 KB, 157 downloads)

[Always looking for TeNo � Schuma � Technische Noodhulp Items...]