3rd TN Visor Insignia � Type 3.B (Middle) � ALL Nickel Silver Model - for BOTH the Eagle & the �Newly Introduced� Laurel Leaf M�tzenkranz

The TN Laurel Leaf M�tzenkranz, in Aluminum, is the one which is most frequently encountered by Collectors � But, it had an earlier Variant, in NICKEL SILVER. This Type 3.B (Middle) Example of the 3rd TN Visor Insignia, may be something NEW, to manhttp://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/ga/ul/573101032/inlineimg/Y/TN-Visor-Insig-3B-NSsm.jpgy Collectors. I actually �learned� about this Type 3.B Variant by 1st finding an Example of it - & - then by Confirming it indirectly, from reading Wim. Saris� great book �Aguillettes� - which I had purchased Only for the TN section. [I found the book to be so interesting, that I couldn�t put it down. Super Book � Buy It for your TR Library!]

As I was reading �Aguillettes� � there was a passage where Wim. Saris was discussing the types of metals used to make �Aguillette Tips.� I read on Page 161, Footnote # 54, & I saw that:

� �Reichsangzeiger� Nr. 101 dated May 2, 1935, with order Nr. 26 dated April 24, 1935. �Here, specifically, the forbidden materials are listed.�

This referred to Neusilber (Nickel Silver), in addition to other strategic metals. This information HIT me with a SHOCK! THIS was the information that I was missing, in order to understand more about the Variations of the 3rd TN Visor Insignia! I previously was aware - that:

• (a). 1st there was a Nickel Silver TN Eagle, which �mysteriously� started to be made of Aluminum (but When?) & that�
  • (b). An Aluminum TN Laurel Leaf M�tzenkranz was issued (but When?) & that�
  • (c). I was aware of a very few TN Collectors who had examples of a SOLID Nickel Silver �Laurel Leaf� TN M�tzenkranz, which is marked �Ges. Gesch.�

This led to an �Informed Conclusion� regarding this piece of previously missing TN Information � i.e. WHEN, was the Laurel Leaf TN M�tzenkranz �Authorized?

From Wilm. Saris� information + Collector�s examples of the actual NS Laurel Leaf TN M�tzenkranz - it was NOW apparent (IMO) that the �Official� date MUST have been before May 2, 1935!

Since - After the published date of May 2, 1935 - NO MORE Nickel Silver metal could �legally� be used for manufacturing Items. However, ASSMANN most reasonably would have made up �extra stock� TN Insignia using NS - & - this supply could have lasted for many months, maybe even into 1936+? (depending upon the demand for the items.)

All of this information also helped me to understand the WHY of the �Transitional� SS & SA Daggers, with their strange �Mix� of solid Nickel Silver vs. Plated parts - which also started in about 1935! NOW - it's starting to make some sense! The "Legal restrictions on using Nickel Silver - Stock Piles of prior to "Stop" date for using NS, manufactured 'Items' - Amount of Stock on hand & the time lag, for "Using Up" these previously made items, through Purchase Orders from end-user Insignia Dealers" is just the application of "SUPPLY & DEMAND" for specific Items.

The �Confirmatory Proof� was then found in reading the "Verordnungsblatt der TN", Nr. 6 from June 1936 - where the material to be used for BOTH the TN Eagle & the M�tzenkranz, was described as being ALUMINUM! This June 1936 "TN Verordnungsblatt�, stated:

��Hohe deutsche Offizierskokarde mit platischem Lorbeerkranz in aluminum, dar�ber das plastische Hoheitszechen der TN, aluminium gepr�gt��

Lorbeerkranz is LAUREL! So this means that, instead of the prior Oak Leaf M�tzenkranz, the 1936 Officer�s version of the �New� M�tzenkranz was to the Laurel Leaf Wreath [M�tzenkranz] configuration, & it was to be made from Aluminum. (We also find, in numerous Fotos, that the Laurel Leaf Wreath was also used by EM/NCO�s.)

When looking at the Dates involved, it is apparent (IMO) that Assmann got the �production order� for the �New TN Insignia� several ( ? 2-4+ ? ) months prior to the date of the official TN announcement. This makes production time sense & it was absolutely necessary. Assmann would have needed the few months of lead time to 1st make the new Stamping Dies & then manufacture a Supply of these �New� items, which would then be readily available to distribution outlets, as of the official TN Announcement Date.

Based upon ALL of the above �Proofs� - it is reasonable to �conclude� that there was a very, very short time duration in early-mid 1936, when BOTH the Nickel Silver variation of the TN Eagle + the �New� Nickel Silver Laurel Leaf TN M�tzenkranz were manufactured by Assmann.

As Concrete substantiation, below are examples of BOTH TN Nickel Silver Insignias. Thus, there was a 3rd TN Visor Insignia � Type 3.B (Middle), which is the ALL Nickel Silver Insignia � BOTH, for the Eagle & the �New� Laurel Leaf Wreath (M�tzenkranz). This is exciting information for us, as Collectors!

ATTACHMENT
    Front & Reverse of - ASSMANN Nickel Silver Eagle + Nickel Silver Laurel Leaf M�tzenkranz � 3.B (Middle) TN Visor Insignia.

• TN-Visor-Insig-3B-NSsm.jpg (94.48 KB, 208 downloads)

[Always looking for TeNoSchumaTechnische Noodhulp Items...]