Thanks Serge, ........ It's always fun to share our latest 'Great Finds' of each of our individual areas of special Collecting interest.

I think that we all probably started out as 'German Generalists' collecting ANYTHING WWII that luckily came our way. Then, after some passage of time (many Years, in my case.) WHAM! it hits us - I 'probably' can't find, afford & collect it ALL, so what interests me the most? Like the great area of Polizei, or a smaller ancillary Polizei group, like the TeNo • TN or the SCHUMA. Then, the search is on! TR 'documentary' type information (like the TN-to-HEER Patch publication) fascinates me, as it serves to 'confirm' some of what we 'think we know' - as well as flip us upside down, when finding out about so much that we "don't know" - but can learn from carefully searching these types of sources.

Gary's Post above, got me thinking about the 1919-1923 TeNo Cuff Titles. I have the 1920 & 1922 TN Cuff Titles in my Collection (so, I have to 'assume' that these 2 years are the most common?) I have never even seen ALL 5 years, but I am sure that some lucky collector has them! I've only examined about 12 of these Cuff Titles, and ALL (that I have seen), and which are full length, are marked with the GES. GESCH. and G & W, a yet Unknown Maker.

The TN Cuffs are quite attractive, using a bright Gold Wire Thread for the Date Year, and 3 Laurel Leaves on either side, placed upon a black cloth base.

For some yet unknown reason, the TN HQ, the RATN, Reichsamt Technische Nothilfe, issued an order in about mid 1936, stating that the Honor Cuff Band was to be worn in place of the TN Honor Badge, which had ONLY been released / 1st awarded on Oct. 1, 1935! (But, that the Honor Badge could be kept by the recipient.) I haven't seen an Award Document (Urkunde) for TN Cuff Band itself, and don't know if such exists. (More information to search for!)

These TN Cuff Titles are MUCH less commonly found than are the TN Honor Badges, which are not that common (with only about 5,350 TN HB's thought to have been issued, per TR documentation.) So, it would seem that the same number of TN Cuff Titles should have also been issued. But, where are they? I don't seem to be able to find them!! Keep on the look-out for TN Cuff Titles!

Below are 2 of the 1920 TN Cuff Titles, showing the Front and Reverse, and an Enlargement of the GES. GESCH. G & W maker. .... Txs, Dave/dblmed

TN_1920_Cuff_Title_F_B.jpg (75.58 KB, 197 downloads)

[Always looking for TeNo � Schuma � Technische Noodhulp Items...]