There are several itterations of the Danube dagger known and documented. One almost identical to yours.

I notice the crown appears to be crooked when compared to the direction of the crossguard.

These daggers were "peened". Also, the grips and grip fittings are not for round grips. But rather the grip is oval in the diameter. The flat side showing and the narrower dimension from the side. I am wondering about the grips fit and why the crown is not in the straight position.

I will tell you I have several grips of ivory from the imperial era. And all of them show some age. Perhaps you could show us this grip without so much "flash" so we cqan see the age lines and coloration of a 150 year old piece of ivory.

Fred. These daggers have been reproduced for so long most Austrians don't bother with them. This dagger looks really good, but every reproduction I have seen has looked good. They also all had ivory grips or ivory like grips.

Tobi certainly knows what he is doing and is an expert. But there were only a handfull of these originally. They are pretty much in established collections.

This is all just my opinion.

But Tobi. If you want to know what is going on with that dagger, take off the wrap.