Rob, It's too bad you feel that way, but I understand. However we are not jealous of you or your collection. If you hang around you might find out that some of us have some neat stuff too.
Sure there have been opinions rendered here that have been in error. I don't think there has been one collector that hasn't was wrong about something he thought was right. But to knock your item just to "knock" it...No, I have to disagree with you on that point. But I do agree with you that some persons have made comments abount not posting your daggers here. That I could see. Particularly if that came from the the guy that sold you that HJ Leader dagger. Now you know that was a repro, and by our help you said it was "going back". Razz Should we not have said anything??? Would that have been better?
All of us who have been in this hobby for awhile have on occassion been invited to see a "newbie's" collection. Only to be horrified at what we saw. And it's all about reproductions, parts daggers, fantasy pieces etc. This has has been true 30 years ago and it's more true today. There was a case of a well known dealer who ventured out of his area and into "cloth", was rapidly defrauded for all he had. Sadly committed suicide by cop. This story is somewhere here.
So please, we're not here to "kill" your enthusiasm for the hobby. However there are some unscrupulous dealers in this unregulated "Buyer Beware" business who will keep giving you junk while your making them richer. Most of us veterans know who and what. But a new guy like yourself....with little knowledge and a whole lot of trust....they will make "Beef Jerky"..out of you. And we just don't want that to happen to you, or to anyone.
So if you don't want the honest help then OK.
I saw something on another one of your SS daggers that didn't look right to me. But I felt you were going through enough at the time, so I didn't mention it. We're just the messengers who call it the way we see it. Maybe sometimes it's wrong..but most times it's right.
Take Care.

-wagner-