quote:
Originally posted by JohnPic79:
Kieth, with a shrinking consumer base will it become harder to move many items with the exception of the very attractive super rarity?

I must agree with the idea that many may be paying the high prices but when it comes time to move it will it sell for more or at cost?

Also in comparing these things with a Van Gogh or Monet painting,the value in Art endures because they are placed on display in museums around the world and studied by both students of art, critics of art, and collectors of art.
Memoribilia of the Third Reich is collected,and studied only by those with a specific attraction or interest in obtaining a piece of this history. University students seldom if ever make a pilgrimage to view and study an Allgemeine SS coat where they would a famous painting. Museums seldom if ever plan entire events around a display of militaria that draws students,critics,collectors and the general public.There is a finite group of people who build an interest im militaria and im afraid the majority are in a middle to lower income bracket.I am certain after reading other threads on the subject that many are in debt deep because of this hobby. Frown Eek

Hi John,

Yes I think it will become harder to sell even the ultra rare SS pieces,as I said earlier prices have just gone crazy , hence most dealers have to offer layaway plans to accomodate the normal working guy,who can afford officers tunics when you're average flatwire arm eagle sells for $1500.

Regards Keith