Dean,

Another fine trio of beauties!

Could send me a large file of the line image so that I can have a close look at it? I'll try to determine what the process was. I'd guess a good line-reproduction of an original engraving?

The first new card you've posted is captioned with the phrase, "May God Punish England." This often used epithet was similar to "Wir fahren gegend England," both being catchy war rhetoric.

The second card is nice, having illustrations on both sides - the lovely memorial and victorious war sovereigns on the reverse. I believe the eagle is perched atop one of those early, ornately cast 17th century cannon barrels?

The third would have to be my favorite too... what a gem! The "Fellowship of Germans living in Bohemia," produced the card. They must have been fed up with the percieved injustices against the German minority who lived in that region and were letting it be known openly that they were fed up with the oppression and going to do something about it.

They picked a fantastic painting to illustrate their point, an old Germanic warrior and his charger looking at their home. It's amazing how calm the scene is, until one sees the bloody sword blade and you read the poem ...

"You want to disturb my home?

I showed you all a man's sinew

and laughing I dry my sword

on my stallion's black mane."

I reckon if you popped one of these cards in the mail people would immediately get your intentions? Big Grin Confused

This would have to be in-the-running for best card of the thread so far, man, what a keeper! Wink Whatever your methods and reasoning for choosing cards is/are, don't change anything ... Smile

Best!

B~