Luke,

Your visor looks to be in superb condition and what an immaculate pastel-blue color - now that's awesomeness!

I recognize Hohlwein's distinctive work and I scarfed up a few additional paintings that I'll add to the thread. I'm sure our other readers will be better able to place him then. He's acknowledged by many as being Germany's finest, 20th century poster-artist.

Ludwig Hohlwein was born in Germany in 1874. He trained as an architect and practised until 1906 when he started a new career in poster design. He quickly established himself as one of the most important people working in this field in Germany. Hohlwein's high tonal contrasts and a network of interlocking shapes made his work instantly recognizable. Hohlwein was employed by the German government during the First World War to produce propaganda posters. He died in 1949.

These Kavallerie impressions are all first class and I can see why you collect them. Three individual styles paying tribute to the grand, long-gone imperial mounted regiments - outstanding! Thanks for including these ...

... some more of Hohlwein's work to enjoy.

Best!

Bill W.

hohlweinA.jpg (36.6 KB, 338 downloads)