quote:
Originally posted by WWII:

Though some may convey deep meanings like this last one, I seem to favor those pieces of art that focus on nature, mainly animals and such.
Anything from a cartoon caricature to a realistic painting, as long as I like it, then it's a done-deal. In that way I'm only judging the artist's skill I guess, not the meaning behind it too? Maybe it makes things simpler that way?

B~

I think your absolutely right.
Maybe by thinking and over analysis on some pieces it takes something away from them.
Maybe on others the artist wanted to provoke thought and made sure only a few would truly get the meaning after paying their dues.

It's kind of refreshing to view the animal art you posted where there is just a great skilled presentation with nothing more to really think about other than it pleases the eye or not.

Simplicity in a world where there's many complexities is refreshing,tranquil,and just a great change of pace.

Something to be said for the peaceful calming effect of art that you don't have to think about (whoops, guess I'm over thinking it already).