Dean,

Here I thought I was the only one to get up at such an ungodly time of day ... Big Grin

A card like this or other image can convey many important messages, some very subtle and some blunt and to the point. Either way, they should be consumed as food for thought. It seems also that the more one knows the history behind some of these items, the more intriguing they can become. Sometimes I think about how it would feel to walk down the street in 1905 Wien or Berlin, to get a newspaper and go to the bar to hear questions of the day being discussed at the Biergarten? Art, literature, politics, science - almost anything would be interesting,
no? That's what some of the postcards remind me of, little snippets or candid snapshots of ordinary life.

Though some may convey deep meanings like this last one, I seem to favor those pieces of art that focus on nature, mainly animals and such.
Anything from a cartoon caricature to a realistic painting, as long as I like it, then it's a done-deal. In that way I'm only judging the artist's skill I guess, not the meaning behind it too? Maybe it makes things simpler that way? Smile

Mikee - I forgot how impressive that carving was! That must've made your day when you found that ... thanks for hooking us up.

A few more animal illustrations by Professor Sturm ...

Best to all!

B~

STURM4_asm.jpg (46.48 KB, 327 downloads)