Dean,

I agree, the message is exactly what's important to me, too. How does it relate to me on a personal level? What do I take from this
particular image and can I express that feeling verbally? Remember the old Confucius saying about a picture being worth a thousand words?

That's what I enjoy, other peoples descriptions and observations on a given subject, sort of like an excellent dagger description ... Big Grin a good verbal interpretation also paints a picture for me, everybody sees things from a different perspective. Take any ordinary household item, say a pencil. Could you describe that simple thing to a blind person, well enough so that that person could form a good, clear mental image of that object? Sometimes it's not easy, heh. Cool

Yes, I also agree the more one can appreciate the difficult techniques behind a certain image or object, the more you will enjoy it. Exactly the same way as if you know the history behind a Knight's Cross and what it took to win one of those awards, then it becomes even more important/valuable/respected by us, the viewers.

Here's a lovely Aquarelle, (transparent watercolor) illustration by one of my favorites, Professor Sturm. Simply titled, "Silver Pheasant & Rhododendron."

Hope to hear what some of you may think about it?

Good collecting gents!

Bill

SilverPheasant_Rhododendron.jpg (95.11 KB, 232 downloads)