Dean,

You've really been busy at this for a good long while, haven't you? Those are definitely some excellent postcards, fantastic images.

Andrew Wyeth would have loved these old illustrations. Did you know he was a big fan of Paul Casberg, the German military artist? When I showed Herr Wyeth some of Casberg's illustrated mounted cavalry troops, he instantly fell in love with the horse paintings and begged me to get him a copy of the old imperial-aged book. I did ... Big Grin

Franz Stuck's brilliant Medusa is especially frightening, that is one crazy-looking lady, Jesus ..! man, I would beat-feet if I knew she was even anywhere near the neighborhood! Some neat looking European vipers for her hairdo - I wonder what she feeds those buggers?

I'll have to go on another "treasure hunt" for more nice early images as soon as I can find a bit of time again...

This type of artwork is a great complement to the finest of militaria collections. One or two of the old German masters will certainly lend due creedence to the respectability to our much-maligned hobby. Wink

Great stuff here, thanks!

Bill