Hey gents, thanks for the comments! I'm happy that perhaps we have a subject here that can be discussed, with a wide range of opinions and factual knowledge. I'm by no means an expert and I'm not disputing anything said or accepted by dealers or collectors with far more experience than me - I'm just interested in reading collectors/dealers thoughts on these knives, and why they seem to be accepted now as the "DJ/BDM knife" without much to back it up. Maybe the real reason is that they are more 'collectable' with this title.

Landser, I didn't bring the knives with the HJ diamond added into the topic, because I think they may be another whole subject themselves! I think it likely that many of the smaller knives had the diamond added during the period, but also believe that many could well be post war enhanced. There are many TR items around imo with enhancements that are period, like daggers, holsters etc, that are not 'official'.

It seems to be widely accepted that the smaller knives with the Nurnburg Party Rally blade enhancements are period and legitimate, and there were a lot of the same type of knives left over at wars end without these enhancements - I guess I'm just putting this together as a possible theory for their existence.

Perhaps these knives were produced even earlier, as Dave said occurred with the HJ knife, and maybe they were used pre the TR period in various youth organisations etc. I hope someone can expand on this. That could well be so, but whatever the reason, they were found to be suitable to carry the Rally commemorative enhancements.

Thanks gents, I really appreciate the discussion! Let's see some more posts.

Regards

Russell