@paulbear, not the least hurted feelings at all Smile, it is my bad scan. I only had to do justice for this wonderful dagger. I only once have seen one with an equal look and condition which was at Craig�s site .

@ Eric "Von" Rader, I would sign what you have written straight out IF there would not be one point: Daggers, portepees, hangers were part of the uniforms. Uniforms were under formal restriction codes (otherwise a luft guy could have gone to a uniformen shop, buy an army dagger and wear it - this was only possible under certain also striktly regulated conditions). A diplomat or one of the higher gov�s for sure did not walk into a uniform shop and buy a dagger and any portepee which was there. He ordered it and the proper accouterment. Mostly not only one of them as these high wigs did not want to change the dagger/sword with each of their different uniforms.
I am fully aware that there were broken regulations on and on, my nicest army has attached a luft knot done during the III.R. by the former wearer (came out of his family). But at least there were lines which had to be followed by the vast majority of men.

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.