Aw, I get off here for a while & when I come back, I see that Mama Donovan has let her baby boy out of the Germanophile Playroom & let him sit in front of the keyboard. Now, Johnnie, you sit down, clear your head, lock your feet at a 45-degree angle, place your thumbs along the seams of your skirt, straighten the pleats on your skirt, shut up & LISTEN, you word-twisting, manipulative myopic twitter. What do you do to put brot on the table,- are you a flimsy lawyer who goes into the courtroom & twists the truth sideways, upside down, inside out &/or topsy-turvey? Or are you a speechwriter for US Presidents? Or do you write articles about the superiority/great quality of US automobiles? Have been reading some of your past postings, & have noticed some haughty, contentious demeanor, it's a wonder somebody hasn't requested to meet you at a show & grab you by your pigskin, & Drop Kick you outta the stadium. In answer to your inane question that if I realized the thread was about two different General's tunics, yes, I have from the start been aware,- even the nearest crosseyed moron could see that there are two rigs involved. When I mentioned the inconsistency of the sewing-on of the collar tabs, it was concerning the tunic on G.B.'s Site, NOT the tunic as was originally posted by shinerb. Re-read the entire thread, you dazzling incommode! It was shinerb's posting of 12.1.06 12:42 that brought up the subject of the 2d tunic on G.S.'s Site w/the collar tabs that appeared up & above the edge of the collar, etc.,etc. The tabs are on crooked (off-cant) on shinerb's tunic, & they are CROOKED & Off-CANT on your newly acquired tunic also! Really! In reply to another of your baiting questions, yes, yes, yes, again, that's exactly what I'm saying, I am telling you my whole basis for claiming your tunic being "made-up" is the wacky application of the collar tabs, because in my opinion, one goofy aspect ruins the whole thing; it's like buying a new car & one of the doors was put on crooked & doesn't fit properly & won't even open or close; if there's one thing wrong with it, what good is it? Owning your tunic is like sitting on a toilet seat that wiggles. Reviewing your past postings reveals that you try to promote yourself as a most fastidious collector, so why on this tunic did you dope off? I don't see you as fastidious, but I see you as fatuitous.
In answer to your other question, "yes", I was basing my opinion on the condition of the ribbon alone,- quit bringing it up over'n'over about the back of the $2.oo ribbons and/or their attaching threads or manner of attaching, I could give a rat's patutie if they are GLUED ON. My opinion was based on the frontal views on the G.B. Site as you very well know, what the ...., was I supposed to have a Registered New York Medium here with me to give me a psychic vision of the backsides? Really! My statement pointing to the brand-new looking ribbons was not strange at all, as based on the fotos that G.S. provided, they look way too mint & new, & so my opinion was reasonable.
I think you should respectfully take this opportunity to admit you are in remorse for buying this tunic with crooked off-cant collar tabs, you may do so & then bow out gracefully.
Don't take it so hard over this General Beelelbug tunic, John, bend over & take it soft once in a while.
Go now back to your Germanophile Playroom, & play dress-up German soldier in your new uniform.