I've been giving this badge some thought since I first saw your post on the "other" forum a week ago. This is a scarce badge, then three pop up. That makes me wonder. If the pin retention disk were stamped with the "Brehmer" marking, I would have no doubt as to authenticity .. I have not seen the plain disk or the patent marking on other known originals. This means nothing. One solid indicator of an original is all the detail in the Icarus, especially the facial area and the over all quality of the enamel and the quality of the construction of the badge it's self.. The style of pin is correct. If you were going to fake a badge why would you fake this one? This is a complex badge to produce and of insignificant value. The Wasserkuppe is a plateau at the summit of the Rhön Mountians in the German State of Hesse. This is the location where the DLV and the NSFK held their gatherings and competitions. They flew model sailplanes and full size sailplanes there all the way up to 1944. No actual documentation about this particular event has come to light, yet (Luftrennen 1940). But this late in the period these gatherings and competitions no longer carried the level of importance they once did in the early, formative years. It very likely could be this event was scheduled and never took place. There are those who say ALL of these enameled NSFK badges are bad. They are wrong .. I know of several that are without question original to the TR period. The fakes these people are referring to are currently produced reproductions and obvious when you have them in hand. I have a good feeling about this badge, I think it's a good one ..

All the best ..

Mike W.