Hi Josias,
based on what you have wrote about your castings, it does not sound serious. As I do understand at this moment you hire somebody to do castings, then you send them to somebody for soldering etc? (if you still receive castings in same quality as you posted pics, I would changed caster or casted myself) My advise would be finish one project before jump to another. I'll try to explain why. Before actual stamping there is job to be done before. You have to melt correct silver content. Then you have to cast silver bars right size, then you have to roll them to get right shape and only AFTER all this you can start thinking about actual stamping etc. And this is actual ring casting process, instead of casting bars you cast in investment molds rings. Before this you just have to make waxes and fill flasks with investment. Otherwise process is the same. In my opinion you could get all the casting equipment and do actual casting yourself and cast them flat. And starting from casted flat rings you can start learn engraving and making actual rings and all the solderings etc. And if you can handle all this you can start thinking about stamping. Stamping in small quantities is very expensive if you do not have all the equipment and can not do all yourself. If you do not have all the equipment you will have to hire dozen diferent companies to get this completed and that's gonna cost you a fortune. Just IMHO. I went thru all this.

If that can be interesting for forum members I can show casting process of this same ring. I can "fake" it Big Grin

There are less original rings than you think, much less...

www.totenkopfrings.com