Bob,
dear collector friends,

first of all, because of many pm from friends who said I didn�t say it clearly I wanted to state clearly that:

I didn�t open the dagger.
I didn�t use a collector tool or any other tool on this dagger.
I didn�t make these scratches.
I didn�t clean the dagger.

Second, I respect that many collectors trust Bob's honesty.
I did the same at the beginning of our trade.
That was the reason why I paid USD 3400 without insurance and with no experience from a deal with Bob before.
If you remember I called this part of our communication �The Beginning�.

The following I called �Something is going wrong�
I discovered that the dagger described from Bob as a KILLER with exceptional blade (�The blade is nice and I think you will be very pleased with this dagger!) I discovered as a dagger with a big gap between the crossguard and blade and a repair to the blade tip (pics poste 27 January 2010)!!!

That was the reason why I sent it back, not because of the scratches, which are in my eyes minor problems.

Bob is offering no proof of the condition of the dagger that he says was altered. I am trying to provide proof that it was not and was returned in the same condition as received.

Here are the facts:

Fact 1:

Bob suspected me:

�When I received it the vertical hanger was absent and the dagger had been taken apart. It is not being returned as it was sent and has scars where it was disassembled� (starting post of Bob) on WAF �He denies taking it apart but I know it was a virgin piece.� (WAF post # 6) and �these scars may sound very small however, the dagger was taken apart and some people would not buy it with these problems (email from Bob 22nd Jan post # 27 nearly at the end).

Bob (on WAF post # 46) regarding the scratches on the nut by pointing out pictures # 29 and 30: �Post number #29 and #30 are from me to Ralf to show where my problems are with the return.�

Bob recalls his suspect on me:

After showing everybody on picture post # 49 that all scratches on the nut had been there before Bob stated (post WAF # 50): �And again, as I have stated previously. This is not where the problem with the return lies. This was done by probably the vet and I totally agree it has been there. My problem has to do with the scars caused by a collector�s tool used to take down political type daggers.�

Bob (post 05 February 2010): �Firstly, this picture shows damage to the pommel from a wrench that probably the vet used to take it down. This was here before I sold it and was never in dispute and has nothing to do with my willingness to only give a �partial refund�.

That�s the truth:

It had, by Bob's later admitting, never been a �virgin� as he described the dagger in post #6. He admits that the vet probably opened it in posts 05 February 2010/WAF #50 and #52.

Scratches on the nut had there been before!

Bob (post WAF # 15) :� As far as pictures, I do not know of any dealer who on a routine basis photographs the upper cross guard to show if it has been tampered with or not so, I do not have before pictures�

If any dagger described as "virgin" is for sale, I think the most important part to take pictures would be the top crossguard and nut to show that the dagger had no scars to show it had never been taken apart.

Otherwise: No pictures = no proof

So I have pictures showing the scratches in condition as it arrived, I also have some person who can attest that this was the condition I got it.

Fact 2:

After loosing this argument Bob now (post 05 February 2010/ WAF# 54 and # 55) suspects me:

�� now I believe not only was the dagger taken apart but I am now positive it was cleaned by Ralf as I had originally believed. The scratches now are super minute and have been mostly removed, I am not sure what was used to do so.�

He obviously forgot that he sent me pictures dated

8th Sept. 2009 showing the scratches like post 05 February 2010/WAF # 54

and dated !!!

1st Nov. 2009 showing the blade without scratches

this pictures Bob sent me attached at his email of 1st Nov 2009 18:20:11 -0800 (PST) (see my post of 29 January 2010 17:02)

That�s the truth:

The scratches had been never on the blade as I got it on 14th Dec. 2009.

Bob had cleaned the dagger himself, if it had been cleaned.

It�s on your choice how you would call somebody who wants to fool me and you, the community, by taking rabbits out of a hat!

Please think about, what you will feel, if you get handled like this!?

This is not the way I want to be handled as a honest customer!

I deserve my money back!!!

IMG_3856.JPG (31.3 KB, 126 downloads)

Ralf