SOMETHING IS GOING WRONG

Ralf to BoB: Friday, December 18, 2009, 5:05 AM
after receiving the dagger and the hanger and inspecting them, I want to sent them back to you.
In my opinion, the dagger doesn't fit well together as we can expect from Eickhorn. There is a gap between the lower crossgard and the blade of about 2mm !!!
Also the curve of the blade and crossguard doesn't match.
The blade looks like chromed and there is something like a repair near the tip. The tip itself is also damaged. I compared it with another 941/38 I have, and there a some other differences.
The hanger itself smells like leather has to do, but 75 years later it should not smell. The clip also has traces of wearing, the hanger itself looks unused? That does not correspond in my opinion.
So please let me know, where and on which way should I ship the dagger and the hanger?
So please sent me back the USD 3400. Do you have my bancaccount numbers on the papers for the moneytransfer from me to you? If not, let me know, I will send it to you.
After receiving the money, I'll send you the dagger.

Bob to Ralf: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:11:37 -0800 (PST)
I am sorry if you do not like the dagger but I am confused as to why it took you 6 days to decide if you like the dagger. JR Meda and other very knowledgeable people saw it at the Max and loved it, there were no issues out of the ordinary for this vintage dagger. RZM type daggers are not made of the extreme quality as the earlier pieces. If you like send it back and we will work this out.

Ralf to Bob: Friday, December 18, 2009, 7:26 PM
I got this dagger on tuesday, therefor it was not six, just 4 days to show it some collector friends and get their opinions.
So please tell me where and which way to send it back to you.
Have you got me bancaccount?
Please explain me, what you mean as you wrote:
"...we will work this out"
Sorry, I'm not familiar with this expression.

Bob to Ralf: Fri, 18 Dec 2009 16:33:12 -0800 (PST)
I see, it was delivered on the 14th and not the 12th. Send it to my address and it has only been 4 days.
PS- Please send me your bank details again.

Ralf to Bob: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 01:56:16 +0100
my bank details are:
As soon as I get the USD 3400 I'll send the dagger and the hanger back.
Please send me your adress, where to ship.

Ralf to Bob: Saturday, December 26, 2009, 7:30 PM
I hope you had a nice christmas holiday.
As we heard from the States there had been a lot of ice and snow.
Are you and your family well?
To be prepared to send the dagger and hanger back after receiving the money, please send me your adress, where to return it. Via UK or direct?
Let me also know what do you want the items listed as on the Customs Form?
As well as what value do you want listed for the items?
Should I list the items as a gift or whatelse?
Do you want insurance? If so how much?
Thank you for your information.

Bob to Ralf: 27 Dec 2009 08:38:05 -0800 (PST)
I had a nice Christmas and I hope you did also! I originally though I miss-understood your last email. I have had 23 and now you as number 24 returns over the years and thousands of items I have sold since being a full time dealer. Out of these 23 returns the people send the item back first and then I will refund their money which is the same as all other dealers. So, please send the dagger as soon as possible to the address below.
Address

Ralf to Bob: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 12:34 PM
I think that sending the way back should work like sending it to me:
first the money than the item, that's what I know, or?
I had no reason to do not trust in you, you also shouldn't have any reason to do this to me, as I don't want to loose my reputation, because reputation is all I need in my business as laywer (MY BUSINESS WEBSITE).
Last way, it took me more than a month to get the dagger. So I would avoid to wait again one month for the money with nothing in my hands. Just fearing about getting it back.
So I please you, to trust this time in me, send me first back the money and I'll sent you the dagger as soon as I get it.
I also need your answers on my additional question, which I'll repeat again, because I'm not familiar with sending over the atlantic:
Let me also know what do you want the items listed as on the Customs form?
As well as what value do you want listed for the items?
Please let me know soon

Bob to Ralf: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 11:35:10 -0800 (PST)
If you want to do a search on the forums you will find I am a trusted dealer with no controversy behind my name. So, you really have no reason to worry. Once I receive the dagger I will post pictures on GDC to prove that all is fine with it and then send your money back. This is the accepted way in the industry. I do appreciate you having been so good but the reason for the delays was needing to send it to the UK first. I did explain the Norm can be slow but 110%dependablele. So, feel free to research me and I think you will be happy to dot this the accepted way in this industry. On the customs form, I do not know the best way to ship from Germany so I will leave that to you. I know how to ship from the US which I do very well with but different countries can be different.

Ralf to Bob: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 4:05 PM
I trust in your honesty, probably you not in mine.
Can you please explain me why you will post pictures on GDC to prove that all is fine with it after receiving the dagger?
What kind of way of industry should this be? What is the reason for this method?
I think you should know, what dagger and condition it is?!
And I can track the post if necessary, so I don't need posted pictures.
Please explain me, what sense the pictures on GDC have, thank you.

Bob to Ralf: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 15:09:57 -0800 (PST)
For the pics on GDC, I just want you to know I sold you a piece that is original. You are returning it in the accepted time period so this is just to prove that all is original.
Nothing personal against you, but the reason is this. I am a known person in the hobby with a proven track record over many years. I do not know you, although you seem like an honest and trustworthy person, so it is to protect me. I did do this type of return once before I became a dealer, I am educated as a physician, and the returned item was broken. In the industry, basically it is a known person against an unknown person.
Me, you can easily research and learn of my business practices. But as you will see if you research me I am known for my integrity. I would do a return in this manner to anyone else so as I mentioned, nothing personal. I can probably sell the dagger to one of three people when it comes so I do look forward to getting itSmile

Ralf to Bob: Sunday, December 27, 2009, 7:05 PM
I respect your reason to protect you.
So please open the threat now with the pictures from the dagger and hanger you sent me, so I can post the pictures of the dagger I got and you can post after receiving the pictures of the dagger you got back. So we have the whole history, what do you think about this?
This would also be a protection for me for getting and sending a dagger back in the same condition.

Bob to Ralf: Sat, 2 Jan 2010 11:21:55 -0800 (PST)
I update my web site with Front Page and do not know much of anything about computers. I have tried to take the pictures out of there to send to you but I can not. I am not an attorney but educated as a physician.
I have no interest in cheating you so, if you want to return the dagger, send it to the address below. As I have stated and you can research, I am a known and respected dealer.
Contact me once it has arrived because knowing me, I will need your bank info again.
Happy New Year!
Address

Ralf to Bob: Tue, 05 Jan 2010 22:11:27 +0100
Happy New Year, too!!!
I had been out for a short 3 days skiing.
I tried to send the dagger back, but my local postal-service told me, that I've to declare the content for the US customs.
I've never sent anything collectible to the States, just get a lot the other way.
In Germany we have some problems with TR items, that's why you sent it via UK. My be you'll have some problems too when I declare as SS-dagger?!
So please let me know:
What do you want the items listed as on the Customs form?
What value do you want listed for the items?
This are the same informations you asked from your customers.
So please be polite and answer this questions to me.
my bank details are:
Wire transfer to:
To become a little bit more save on my side, I suggest to split the package:
First package with the dagger, after receiving the money for the dagger USD 2999 we will do the second package with the hanger, ok?
Please give me a quick answer, that I can inform my postal-service soon.
Regarding, that you can't post your pictures on GDC, so should I do this for us?
I saved the pictures you sent to me regarding the deal.
I also did some from the dagger here.
Let me know

Ralf to Bob: HEADER LOST
in addition to my email as below (NOW ABOVE!):
I just reviewed the email and noticed, that you have to add half of the shipping (USD 50) USD 25 to the dagger USD 2999 = USD 3024. Please sent me this amount after the first package.

Bob to Ralf: Wed, 6 Jan 2010 10:00:24 -0800 (PST)
I hope you had a great skiing trip! I have not been skiing in ages but would like to one of these days againJ!
To be precise on shipping, since I am used to sending items out I have a good idea how to do it to most countries. I have only had a few orders to Germany so this is the country I have the least experience with.
Ultimately, I will leave these choices up to you and only give you my advice.
I try not to be a business man but ultimately, the dagger is your responsibility until it is in my hands. Once in my hands we are fine and as I have mentioned you are welcome to research me and my name and you will find I am known to be 110% honest. So, my opinions on shipping are only opinions and ultimately lie in your hands. On the customs form, you could call it cutlery if you feel comfortable with that. The value I would list as a low amount and you could call it a returned item. Insurance is up to you so I leave this in your hands.

Ralf to Bob: Friday, January 8, 2010, 11:39 AM
the dagger is on the way back to you.
I did everything as you told me.
Please let me know, when the dagger is back home
By the way: There was only one Parcel-service, which insured a parcel to the USA for more than USD 500. Even the German Parcel Service (DHL) didn't.
The fee for transportation plus insurance was unbelievable EUR 129,75, that's about 180 USD !!!!! see attachment
It would be nice, if you can help me to cover a part of the fees, thank you

Bob to Ralf: Sun, 10 Jan 2010 19:19:26 -0800 (PST)
Wow, that is super expensive! I want you happy so we will work it outSmile

Ralf To Bob: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 10:03 AM
expensive, but fast as it looks like:
the dagger has landed in Newark, NJ this morning.
Looking for another deal with one of your degens,
please keep the money als possible part-payment until I decide to take one or leave it.

Ralf To Bob: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 7:52 AM
I sent the item as you told me with email of 27th Dec 2009 and 2nd Jan 2010 to:
Address
Now I got this message:
XXX 14/01/2010 7:16 POST OFFICE BOX ADDRESS. UPS IS ATTEMPTING TO OBTAIN AN ADDRESS TO WHICH DELIVERY CAN BE MADE, NOT DELIVERED / A POSTCARD HAS BEEN SENT TO THE RECIPIENT
REQUESTING THAT THEY CONTACT UPS.
Can you please solve this problem with UPS and inform me immediatly.

Bob to Ralf: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 05:22:01 -0800 (PST)
That is the proper address and the same one on my web site, take a look. I will go to the post office in an hour or so, if there is a card there I will have the information I need. I will contact them shortly after.

Ralf To Bob: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 9:20 AM
Thank you

Bob to Ralf: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 07:30:47 -0800 (PST)
They did not leave a notification at my PO box, can you send me the tracking number? I can then call them and make arrangements.

Ralf to Bob: Thursday, January 14, 2010, 11:30 AM
it is UPS
Tracking-Number: XXX
What the hell are they doing with this piece of history?

Bob to Ralf: Thu, 14 Jan 2010 08:47:58 -0800 (PST)
If they do anything wrong they will be historySmile!!! Don't worry, all will be fine and I will go over there to pick it up when I close a few minutes early.

Ralf to Bob: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 1:12 PM
did you get the dagger?
Is all fine?
Would be nice to hear from you

Bob to Ralf: Sat, 16 Jan 2010 11:44:00 -0800 (PST)
Sorry, my life is crazy at times. I have the dagger but have not opened it yet but judging by the box it is fine I am sure.
PS- If you want a refund send me your bank info, if you want a sword let
me know and we will work it out.

Ralf to Bob: Monday, January 18, 2010, 7:27 AM
I hope your life is crazy in a good sense otherway I hope you are back well.
Have you checked the dagger? Is all fine?
Please confirm to terminate this open case.
For the refund or another deal we will talk later, as I mailed your pictures to a collectors-friend to get his opinion on both degens.

Bob to Ralf: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 20:09:01 -0800 (PST)
I have never been in this position before. I did open the dagger and there are a few problems. The first problem is there is not hanger in the box. Secondly, the blade appears to have been cleaned and it appears to have been taken apart.
I have never been in this position before and I think I have to seek advice from some of my pears on what to do.

Ralf to Bob: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 5:16 AM
I can't follow, what you mean:
About the hanger, I told you, that I've send it after the first parcel, the dagger went through and I got back my money for the dagger, please read the email from 05th Jan 2010 I sent you.
There was also a big difference in postal fees. Including the hanger the parcel would be over 1kg (quiet 2 pounds). Therefore the postal fee and the insurance would be about 50 EUR more.
So I decided to split the parcels.
I sent you the dagger in the same condition as I got it from you.
There had been visible problems that I decided to give it back.
I told you on 18th Dec 2009:
"After receiving the dagger and the hanger and inspecting them, I want to sent them back to you.
In my opinion, the dagger doesn't fit well together as we can expect from Eickhorn. There is a gap between the lower crossgard and the blade of about 2mm !!!
Also the curve of the blade and crossguard doesn't match.
The blade looks like chromed and there is something like a repair near the tip. The tip itself is also damaged. I compared it with another 941/38 I have, and there a some other differences."
So please check your emails and the dagger and afterwards please confirm, that all is fine.
I don't want to become the feeling, that there is something going wrong. I think you are also interested to come to an happy end.

Bob to Ralf: Wed, 20 Jan 2010 11:56:15 -0800 (PST)
First, I do not understand why you would keep the hanger. Perhaps you mentioned it but I did not understand properly. Secondly, the blade does look like it was cleaned but you say it was not. There is no question that it was taken apart when you had it. The nut was never taken off when I had it. When it was taken apart on your end it was done very poorly and
has left deep scars.
Out of the thousands of transactions I have conducted over the last eight years or so, you are the only real problem I have had. I had to negotiate with you to return it; every step of this transaction has been extraordinary. I do feel bad that you are not happy but I think if you research me you will find the amount of people that have not been satisfied with me and my services is well under 1%. This tells me the problem is not on my end but on yours.
My solution since the piece has been altered is this: The amount I received from you was 2900 dollars. I think you were supposed to send more but this is what made it into my bank account. Perhaps that was the price we agreed on, I would have to go through my records. Secondly, the price I gave you was a deal for the two pieces. Subsequently, after you bought it I could have sold it several times for the asking price. Since I only have the dagger, you now own the hanger. The price is full retail and not part of the package deal. Since the dagger has a major defect now and was not returned in its original condition, this is not a return. I will buy the dagger back or you can send me the money to mail it back to you. I did cover part of the postage since it went to the UK before going to you. You will be responsible for the full amount.
I can see that if we proceed on the SS sword it will be a problem. I do not think this would be in either of our interest. I think this should be our final transaction.

Ralf to Bob: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 12:23 PM
first, concerning the hanger I told you the reasons.
second, please send me pictures, high resolution please, from what you are talking. Please send pictures from condition before shipping and from condition on returning the dagger to let me understand what you mean.
third, please send me a copy where I can see how much dollars you got from me, as I filled in my bank advice to cover all fees on my side, so you should have got the whole amount without reduction.
I accept, that you don't want to do further business with me, me too.
Please send me the requestet information to proof your statement.

Bob to Ralf: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:22:38 -0800 (PST)
Firstly, you are right; the second payment was on the second page so you did pay a total of 3400 dollars for the dagger.
Secondly, I did not understand you were going to keep and then return the hanger. I have no understanding as to why you would do this if you did not want to keep it. You seemed to feel it was not original in one of your previous emails so why keep it?
Lastly, on the dagger, these scars may sound very small however, the dagger was taken apart and some people would not buy it with these problems. They are hard to photograph but I did my best.

Ralf to Bob: Monday, January 25, 2010, 9:12 AM
I'm happy that you found out that I paid USD 3400 and so far it was all well you got from me.
Concerning the hanger I told you the reasons.
Concerning the dagger's nut, please send me the pictures you took before you sent the dagger to have a look what it should be in your sight.
The pictures you send me shows exactly the condition it was when it arrived from you.
Please send me pictures before you sent it to me, that shows it without the scars.

Bob to Ralf: Mon, 25 Jan 2010 20:37:49 -0800 (PST)
I am trying to be fair to you and me. Again, I do not understand and did not understand why you would keep the hanger. I talked to the person who I bought the dagger from and he reinforced it was not taken apart when he had it. I am a well known dealer and have made many thousands of transactions and I am known to be fair and honest. I feel bad we are having a problem to to give the “benefit of the doubt” I am asking the advice of several people to see what the masses have to say. I think I am being fair. I am sure their advice will be what I think is right. Which will be either return the dagger to you or I can make a partial refund.