quote:
Originally posted by RFI:
Hi Guys!
I would love to get all of your input on what to do in the case I am in. I have had 24 returns in the years I have been a dealer. Out of those 24, twenty three of them had legitimate reasons and I either returned their money or gave credit.
I have sold a dagger which the person wanted to return, he did it within 5 days of receiving it so no problem. When I received it the vertical hanger was absent and the dagger had been taken apart. It is not being returned as it was sent and has scars where it was disassembled. I feel he has now bought the hanger and I said I will return the dagger or buy it. I do not feel I need to do a refund since it was not returned in the same condition. What do you think and what would you do?
Thanks!
Bob

Bob,
dear collector friends,

nice to see that you startetd the threat finaly.
Probably after hearing from our dear collector friend (whom�s name should be of no interest now, but surly known by most of the collectors)

First, it was me who bought the dagger and sent it back!

but � please hear both sides before making a judgement
(that�s what I have do do daily in my business as a lawyer)

All started with the discussion on this threat:

http://daggers.infopop.cc/eve/...473/m/7730014225/p/1

as you can see on page 4 the dagger we are talking about was pictured there and there was a comment from Bob:

Hi Guys!
Boy, Fred has done it again. These have never been questioned until recently. All of the most knowledgeable and respected people in the hobby have no question to this dagger. This is a gorgeous !?example by the way
Best Wishes,
Bob

The picture and Bob�s comment (not the whole discussion) was made days after I showed Bob my interest for this dagger.

He described the dagger on his page this way:

NEW ITEM Killer Transitional SS EM By Eickhorn Transitional daggers are really rare in the case of SA daggers. In the case of SS, they are much rarer and you almost never see them. The cross guards are really nice on this one as is the grip. Normally on these later daggers you see lifting of the plating on the cross guards. This one is not mint but as nice as you can expect to find. The blade is nice and I think you will be very pleased with this dagger!
Item: 1199 Price: $2999.00 10/2009

Not cheap but if it looks like he described, than probably one for me, I thought.

Bob may show us the pictures he showed on his website

Here is a short history about the transaction:
I told him on 2nd Nov. that I take the dagger
He confirmed the deal on 7th Nov.
Money arrived on his bank on 13th Nov.
Dagger arrived 14th Dec.
As I got the parcel from Bob via a friend of him, I was completly shocked, as I heard before about Bob as a honest dealer. But in this case, that's what I think, he sent a dagger for big money (USD 3000) with big problems on the fitting of the blade and a repair on the blade (at this time I noticed well the scratches on the nut and crossguard but this was in my eyes a minor problem compared to the misfit and repair of the blade. I told Bob the problems immediatly (18th December)and it took another 9 days to get the shipping adress and he first told me on my request concerning the shipping method, insurance and the customs-form what I should write on on 6th Jan.. I also told him, that I will split in two pakets and send back the second with the hanger after getting the money for the dagger back. Another reason was, that with the hanger the package had been over one kilo (quite 2 pounds) and there would be much more postal-fee and insurance, as the postal-clerk told me. All this, I wrote to Bob without any answering upon this.
The first parcel back was EUR 129,75, approx. 180 USD!
Just because the dagger doens�t look like Bob proposed!
My shipping to the States was on 8th Jan., he got it on 15th Jan.
He didn�t send the money until yet.
So nobody would send the hanger and loose more money, or?

What arrived at my home, you can see on the following pictures:

So please, everybody might prove, if he would have taken this dagger with the problems the pictures show.
I never would have ordered this dagger when Bob correctly described it with the unusal gap between blade and crossguard and the repaired blade.
So I trusted in his honesty by thinking that his description of

Killer Transitional SS EM By Eickhorn � The cross guards are really nice on this one as is the grip. � This one is not mint but as nice as you can expect to find. The blade is nice and I think you will be very pleased with this dagger!

The dagger arrived in exactly the same condition as it returned to Bob, same gap, same repair on blade, same scratches, nothing altered!!!

I asked Bob several times to send me pictures from the condition it left his home, but didn�t get any! Probably he will post some now.

Pictures follow

Ralf