I had seen guys have these SS Himmler rings, as they used to be called, from the begining. They were always scarce and never cheap.
Never paid much attention to them at the time it was just a piece of jewelry and not a cool dagger. The ones I seen back then was usually on a finger of a collector, or in his pocket with loose change.

To get a real SS Himmler ring was not easy when you wanted one like I did, in excellent condition. Plus I wanted 'a deal'. Well the only thing that happened over the many years was the price just went out of sight.
Then one day very recently I heard one was just found in a Vet's estate jewelry box by a "Picker". He didn't know what he had but knew that it "could be something".
So he place it in a little Tinker-Bell type auction where he takes most of his 'finds' and soon there were a few people who confirmed it "was something".
From the poor photos I could tell it was a very fine conditioned ring but was it authentic? It was "AS - IS" sale. But maybe nobody would notice it. Perhaps it is real?
Well soon there was already a $1,800 bid sitting on it so I know knew someone else thought it was real.
So I said to myself...I'm crazy to make a go at this SSTK without a Don Boyle COA - but that gut feeling told me to go for it.
Well it was a true slugfest with me wanting to quit three times but I ended up being the 'Last Man Standing'. Then it was over I said "OH SHOOT!" What did I do?!
I never anticipated receiving an artifact so badly. It finally arrived. Ripped that box open and .....read the date 20-4-43, the name ***, looked at the seam and everywhere else. But I don't really know what I'm looking at! Red Face Is this thing 'good'? Confused
So I take the best shots I can with my dagger camera and ring up Andy of Military Nut. Andy was a great help. Having the largest collection of SS Honor rings - he would know. Well Andy said it Looked good to him but I would need to get Don Boyle's Cert. on it to be 100% sure. Of course I'll bring it to the SOS. Andy arranged everything else. Big Thanks to Andy ! Smile
Don Boyle was plesant and told me his fee and I accepted and.....held my breath. Don pulled out this special loupe and very carefully and slowly started to turn the ring. While doing so he was talking almost like a Doctor at an Atopsy. Looking at it, stopping then again turning and giving a detailed running verbal account of the features of the ring. It was just a plain thrill to hear him note the features and then came the three words I've been waiting to hear "It is Good" !
I felt I could breathe again. All this was being done at Andy's Booth with a couple of chairs and us to the side.
I finally have my Totenkopf ring! Smile And it has the most important Don Boyle COA attached. What a great experience it has been for me with Don and Andy. You guys are great. Thank You!

Hope the rest of you guys can one day have a thrill like I did. There's nothing else quite like it.

Best Wishes,
-serge-