allow me to add my "two cents" I have collected in earnest since 1982 though NOT as early as some I have seen and handled much A few short years ago I acquired a double engraved generic Heer dagger with a Luftwaffe and Heer etch unheard of I knew the naysayers would have a field day with it I paid $100 at a local market I took it to the Max show I think 2018 Tom Wittmann examined and video taped it for his MAX journal he called it 100 % real and unheard of I immediately took it to Tom Johnson and he pronounced it both period and authentic he said you can tell everyone that both Toms loved it... one of a kind never before seen I have a mint un issued pair of heer dagger straps with the same leather, sans rivets looks new no smell accepted variation straps are stiff no wear fittings have ALL silvering I have owned Luftwaffe hangers identical to these shown, same fabric straps and leather sans the rivet so the fabric is correct and period that leaves the rivets in question no need to reinforce them pst war as they appear to be sound post war produced????........WHY...??? Luftwaffe hangers are available by the thousands and until recently did NOT command high prices even today to justify reproducing ......................I like the leather I see age freshly cut leather is tell tale IMO opinion these hangers are correct and period and fantastic I would purchase with total confidence cheers and best, Ryan