I have to say that I concur with much of that which JR states. I have only owned two examples one worn and one in an original SS ring box I currently have another that has been seen by many in hand and those who have seen it state that it is good. Others that have seen pictures say bad, good, I don't know, could be...etc..... and the consensus leans towards GOOD for the moment but...... what a mine field I recently experienced the same with an untouched SS-VT tunic I even took my current ring to the owner of a watch store he pronounced the ring as one piece construction, NOT silver and a fake seam and NOT old with a modern machine done engraving since 1992. Well the ring came documented from the son of the recipient in Vienna in 1972 it has been owned by one person since 1992 I took it to a 45 year master jeweller from the diamond exchange in 5 seconds under a loupe he said real seam, separtaely applied skull high grade silver 800 or higher hand done engraving by a master engraver soooooooooooo you tell me I have been hesitant to post pics but I will take some and will have them posted cheers and best, Ryan