The H-RIEXINGER, WILDBAD V-messer has arrived. Blade length 25.3 cm; blade thickness 5 mm; blade width 18mm. Overall length 37.8 cm; folded in sheath 27.5 cm.

I was surprised that the H-RIEXINGER, WILDBAD V-messer is smaller than I had imagined.

I used HOPPES GUN OIL (original with no additives) with cotton balls & Q-tips, to clean the live red rust on the knife. The blade did clean up a little with the HOPPES. It has a dull grey look to the blade.

I will not use any PUMA polish, so as to retain the overall patina. The 1 quillon is slightly bent, I would like to fix it, but I don't' want to break it because the quillon is very thin and is 2 parts, as it is also part on the brass liner.

Photos: 4, V-messer: E. WITTE, TRIER (2 fancy bolsters); H. RIEXINGER, WILDBAD (1 fancy bolster); UNMARKED; LUNA, SOLINGEN (clip blade).

Note that the unmarked knife is similar to the G. HAMMESFAHR Nr. 7033.

C. Wetzel-20609

IMG_1581.jpg (42.31 KB, 96 downloads)
E. WITTE, TRIER (top) H. RIEXINGER, WILDBAD (bottom)
IMG_1582.jpg (57.63 KB, 96 downloads)
E. WITTE, TRIER (2 fancy bolsters); H. RIEXINGER, WILDBAD (1 fancy bolster); UNMARKED; LUNA, SOLINGEN (clip blade).
IMG_1583.jpg (52.33 KB, 96 downloads)
E. WITTE, TRIER (2 fancy bolsters); H. RIEXINGER, WILDBAD (1 fancy bolster); UNMARKED; LUNA, SOLINGEN (clip blade).
Last edited by C. Wetzel-20609; 02/26/2024 06:48 PM.