If the medusa print is a re-do of a postcard I've never seen it. The paper seems high quality and is u.v. negative, plus it was done on a printing press. Under magnification there is age to it...maybe art for a publication or who knows?

I just took the mayhem as regular bombs from above...then searched the year fire bombs invented and got 1918 so very close to the dates listed on art. Good interpretation on that detail. Thank you.

Another search revealed "The first incendiary devices to be dropped during World War I fell on coastal towns in the east of England on the night of 18–19 January 1915. The small number of German bombs, also known as firebombs, were finned containers filled with kerosene and oil and wrapped with tar-covered rope. They were dropped from Zeppelin airships." accordding to wikipedia.

Here a postcard what looks to be a WW1 vet.
I internet search turned up on All Things German...'The day was first celebrated in Germany during the time of the Weimar Republic in 1919, but it was not until 1933 that the bank holiday status was confirmed as being an annual event.' Other sites state it had ancient origins.
From the read it would seem that Mayday was pretty big and somewhat political.

rsz_p1020492 (1).jpg (124.88 KB, 139 downloads)