quote:
Originally posted by rgaraymd:
My book arrived after a month in a nasty dirty semi torn box. It aslo appeared to have been wet at some point. When I opened the box and saw the book I was instantly ****ed. It looked like it was bent on purpose. from the side it was shaped like a banana.

Raul, each book is packed SOLID and sent on next working day, so if your parcel came damaged and after a month, BLAME THE POST. If you were "instantly ****ed" (whatever it means) why didn't you contact the seller first reporting what's happened? Did you complain at the post for what THEY have done to your parcel? But, if you prefer to make it public, I can officialy offer you another free copy if you'll send your "banana shaped" book back to me.
For your information, dear Raul: the cover is finished with special expensive paper covered with matt laquer, not a "printed cardboard". If you like glossy things, you may not like it, de gustibus non est disputandum...

For general information: the landscape format of such heavy book will ALWAYS cause problems, no matter how good binding is. The pages are stitched on the short side and even if book stands on the shelf the weight of 300+ pages will work as lever against the upper part of binding. The binding of my german copy also doesn't look good after normal use (shall I whine about it on the forum?).

I'd like to thank the vast majority of guys here for good response, people like you help the things go forward. Ralf Siegert and Sven Georgi work on second book and they need your support.

To those who hate the book I'd like to say: it is your right to express your opinion, even if fellow members who truly enjoy the book do look like ignorants in your eyes. Criticism is easy and enjoyable to some, so enjoy.

To those who think about buying the book: use your own brain, don't let anybody tell you what to do ("don't buy this book, buy that book").

Sincerely,
:Adam: