Hello derjager, the artificial amber grips, the socalled glass grips, are like the nickname says, translucent. I know that it is not very easy to judge if an opac grip (which sometimes are also called artificial amber grips) falls into the category artificial amber. But as said, for me the classic artificial amber grips are the translucent "glass grips". You can observe that sometimes in these grips there are added (during the manufacturing process) some kinds of somehow glittering lamellas or something equal looking material which should resemble any dust or very small items covered in (real) amber. Such material also can be found in a certain kind of grip with nearly opac material (therefore seen only on the surface) so this shows me that these can also be counted to the "artificial amber" grips. To my best knowledge, all artificial amber grips are in the middle orange tone range, not those darker ones.

I hope I could describe it correct and understandable.

Regards,

wotan, gd.c-b#105

"Never look for sqare eggs" as a late owner of an original FHH-dagger used to say.