Hello,
Again guys, beautiful non portables you have. I’d like to show a few that I’ve picked up lately. First up is a NSFK cased medallion for a North East German competition in sightseeing.
Next is a plaque for a 1937 flight by Motorgruppe Schlesein around upper Silesia.
The next one is for an endurance test drive by the Berlin Brandenburg DDAC
The last one I show for now is one I have not seen for sale before & other than an article I found in an academic journal cannot find out anything else about it. I have attached relevant part of the article relating to the medallion. I am sorry for the length of the information regarding it. If anyone can tell me anything else about it or has one I’d love to see it also. It is quite a heavy item for it’s size, weighing in at just under 7 ounces and it’s diameter is roughly 2 ½ inches. Here is an excerpt from the article mentioning this medallion:
“In May 1938, Filippo Sgarlata minted a medallion in honor of Adolf Hitler’s state visit to Rome, Naples, and Florence. Its theme is triumph over a monstrous foe. On one side, a Winged Victory carries a swastika and a fascio littorio in her arms, flanked by the inscription Vis Unita Fortior (Power is Strengthened by Union). On the obverse, Hercules battles the three-headed dog, Cerberus. The capture of the Hellhound Cerberus, who guarded the gates of Hades, was the twelfth and most arduous task assigned to Hercules by Eurystheus. According to the myth, Hercules wrestled the dog, with its lion’s claws and serpents tail, into submission and dragged it out of Hades. Here, the Axis battles the forces of hell. Fascism’s enemy is a supernatural monster associated with the fires of hell. Cerberus is a hybrid of multiple animals and a monstrous freak of nature. But, fear not, the medallion guarantees, the Winged Victory of one side will triumph in the Herculean battle with the demons of Hell on the flip side. This representation of the enemy, targeted at an elite audience of party faithful, depends upon classical mythology and an aesthetic of Romanita` (Romaness). Romanita`, in fascist ideology and culture, was the celebration and emulation of the Roman Empire and the explicit connection between it and the fascist empire.45 As Rome had defeated the barbarians, so would its modern-day equivalent, fascist Italy.”
Glad to see that this thread has been resurrected. I just love these non- portable items, the variety and quality of them are always nice to see.

nsfk rundflug.jpg (100.2 KB, 102 downloads)
motorgruppe schlesien plaque (4).jpg (116.48 KB, 102 downloads)
DDAC brandenburg.jpg (87.99 KB, 102 downloads)
P1030675.jpg (62.18 KB, 102 downloads)
P1030673.jpg (67.29 KB, 102 downloads)