Wetzel,

Good researches and observations at your end, thank you for sharing the additional information!

The facebook information in regards to three different 'periods of production' are generally matching with my knowledge.
Anyway I have no such 'original' knives.
My knowledge is from historic paperwork and communication with a small number of avid collectors and authors, which I am valuating as 'experts'.

Originally Posted by C. Wetzel-20609
... The picture he posted of his knife shows an etch that is similar to the 1930's catalog. See that the Capital letters "D" and "B" do not have the long-extended line at the bottom of the letters as seen in the original etch. Also, the letters look slimmer than the original. ...

I agree, so far I did not pay attention to such detailing.

Originally Posted by C. Wetzel-20609
... The Artillery shell maybe not as pointed as the original? ...

Yes, obviously this detailing of two not matching style of cartridge (pointed / rounded tip )is showing up another difference.

This illsutration is showing a German collecor friend's knife, matching with your piece:
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

The following article is from a German gun magazine 'Deutsches Waffenjournal - DWJ" July 1988, featuring news on Anton Wingen's celebrating its centennial by introducing novelties, including the re-production of DEUTSCHER BRUMMER knife,the blades being forged with original dies.
The arcticle is decribing the knife as 'Grabendolch' (trench knife ?) and says that the re-procution is out of stainless steel ('rostfrei') , definively another difference to the two early 1900s periods knives!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

chevalier2022

Last edited by chevalier2022; 03/10/2023 10:23 AM. Reason: update