Wetzel,

Yes I agree it's not related, my point exactly. Garde-Jager-Korps a part of the club maybe. I don't know everything lol but I actually know all that you stated, I surprise myself sometimes lol. I believe I mentioned it before in another one of your posts and it's not only or always a wooden eagle or Konigsadler, depends on the type of club, large club, small club, type of weapons, caliber used and affiliation as well and their rules. Believe it or not early on it was live birds and animals. Before the middle ages yes they gathered to practice to protect or ordered to do so and that progressed into forming clubs even prior to the middle ages. Some clubs date as far back as the 12th century and most likely earlier then that. Yes they wear military style uniforms, swords, medals etc. but the emphasis is on shooting now not fighting, but socializing, ceremonies, parades and parties, a little or a lot of drinking, you know fun stuff lol. US clubs wore military styled uniforms as well. Any way it certainly had it's ups and downs over the centuries. During WWII it all changed as well, and then DSB started up again around 1951 if I remember correctly and if it even really stopped. But that's for another discussion. Best!