The tiny hand held UV lights are tough to deal with. They are good for a small piece of insignia etc. but if you don't have to hold it more than a couple feet away it'll work fine. The bigger the light the better.....

Whatever you used a difference is seen in these photos!

For such a obscure flag if they're going to the trouble of counterfeiting one like this they are going to use cotton and or rayon so yours could very well be passing the burn test..

Lots of examples to see when you do a search but nothing exact! I've also heard Hungary is /has gotten very tough on immigration with a few nationalistic groups.. They want immigrants to assimilate in to their culture not Hungary to become a big melting pot with nothing in the clear.. For a smaller country I also think it is important.. anyway,,

You still have the same 2 questions that might not be solved. Its either a rare excellent condition period flag,,,or a post war one maybe used for one of the hard line nationalist groups..

For me the only thing that would break it would be a nice photo of a large group of WWII Hungarian pieces and the flag right there! grin

either war,,it is a nice looking piece,,good luck with it and let us know if any new info comes up....,G.