Hello again,
I just did a quick burn test with a little of the white, green and black thread. The picture I show is of the three threads before putting them to a lighter. You can see that the white thread really fluoresces while the other two don't. Strange thing is that none of the one's I burned, including the white, did not burn very fast nor did any of them fuse into a hard ball, when I rubbed them between my fingers they dissolved like ash & none of them were hard or fused into a hardened shape. I will try to do a better burn test just to see, but from the last pic I show where the white thread fluoresced quite a bit I again lean towards this being modern made. The thread was taken from the stitching between the green & white not the actual white flag part if that matters, which I don't think it really does. I do wonder in any case if modern what was it used for. Perhaps a neo nazi organization or a post war made item for a arrow cross reunion, if they even held something like that. As an aside, have you or anyone seen the movie "The Music Box" with Jessica Lange & Armin Mueller-Stahl, who plays a former member of the Arrow Cross organization who is put on trial 50 years after the war & is defended by his daughter played by Jessica Lange. In my opinion a very interesting and well done movie. I'll have to watch it again soon, who knows maybe this flag was made to be used in a movie, and maybe it might show up in the film perhaps. I know that arrow cross items are very rare so who knows what this one was made for. In any case thanks for your info and any other info or comments you or others may have. Again, it is appreciated
Bill

P1030442.jpg (54.84 KB, 46 downloads)
Last edited by Duzig; 01/26/2023 09:23 PM.