Hello
Gaspare, thank you very much for your reply & information. I had found in my searches regarding the arrow cross that there were quite a few variations in the colors. A black arrow cross, a green one, I think I’ve seen a red one etc. but had not found one with a green circle around it so it’s nice to hear that the colors are correct. For testing for fluorescence I used a washed t-shirt as you mention for comparison against the flag. There was a noticeable difference between the t-shirt and flag fluorescence when I used the black light as can pretty much be seen in the pictures. I have put a few more pictures of the flag & shirt using a black light. What is the best distance to have the black light in relation to the objects? I ask about the distance to hold the black light because it does seem that depending on how close or how far I hold the light is to it makes a difference, to a certain degree. I have attached a few more pics, in one or two you can see the black light, & it is in more to the side of the flag & is about 1 1/2 ft from the flag. The first picture I originally showed using the black light, the light was held above the flag & shirt at again about 1 1/2 ft but above it.
As I mentioned at this point, just from the look of it, I kind of believe this is a modern made item but glad to get other opinions. I agree that whatever or whenever this was made a lot of work went into it but as you say other pieces have been counterfeited. Somewhat of an obscure item to counterfeit though, IMO. I will ask the seller if the uniforms and whatever else he may have gotten with them are original or what & inquire whether he has a picture of the whole lot he acquired available.
I will see if I can do a burn test on various parts of the flag & see what happens.
No problem with more questions being raised, I always like to get as much information on items I have so if I can find out whether it is original or repro, either way I appreciate the help & info. I have had a few people say it had a neo-nazi vibe to it & because of that they didn't like it, but I collect flags so I am not looking at it in terms of it being good or bad because of what it might stand for. Again, thank you for your help & info & I will post any other info I can find about it.
Bill

P1030424.jpg (79.17 KB, 49 downloads)
P1030425.jpg (91.15 KB, 49 downloads)
P1030437.jpg (48.9 KB, 49 downloads)