I have traced my family back to my 5th great grandfather, Johann "Jacob" Wetzel (I)-3515 (1718-1785) last of Hereford Twp. Berks County, PA. who arrived from Germany at Phil'd. (Qualified) on Oct. 8, 1737. His log home was built in 1743 and stood until 1936. Alexander Rohm has a friend on Ancestry.com in Germany who thinks my ancestor came from the Alsace region. Charles Kerchner-1, Commander, Navy, Retired, of Emmaus, PA. is the author of "Descendant charts for some Wetzels of S. E. PA." and gave me my Wetzel reference number, -20609. My father, Calvin J. Wetzel Sr-20610 is listed on the public chart. Charles Kerchner's relation married into my family in 1773. Charles Kerchner is my "6th cousin" and no longer is researching my Wetzel family and now refers questions to me. It is possible that "J. Wetzel Sohn, Tuttlingen" is a distant relation. My Wetzel DNA is R-M 269 the other early Wetzel family members are G-M 201.

Wetzel Family Homestead (1).jpg (58.75 KB, 136 downloads)
The 1743 Wetzel log house was in present day Berks Co. PA. and stood until 1936.