Carl Heinrich Glauth (1827-1902) son of Jacob Glauth (1790-1856). Carl H. Glauth, Schwertfegern (Sword furbisher), Swordsmith, Merchant, Metal caster. I never heard of this man until I bought one of his swords on ebay because my surname (Wetzel) was scratched into the top of the scabbard by the owner. I then found an article by Volker Lobner of Frankfurt, Germany entitled "Glauth, Carl Heinrich. In Frankfurter Personenlexikon". Volker Lobner also wrote an article about his father, Jacob Glauth (1790-1856) who was also a Swordsmith. There is now a Youtube video on the Glauth Family of Frankfurt that shows the swords of the father & son that were donated to the Frankfurt Museum in 1883. Volker Lobner is now working on his 3rd book which will show my Boar head Hirschfanger / Jagdschwert signed "C. Glauth / In Frankfurt a/M" with blade made by Johann Friedrich Eickhorn, Wilhelms Sohn (1784-1862). The scabbard inscription reads: "1842 Heinrich Sticksel, Hof=Jager & Gartner, des Freiherrn v. Wetzel, zu Ober Morlen, Wetterau" and is probably backdated to 1842, the year of employment of Heinrich Sticksel (1815-1880) by Wilhelm Hugo Freiherr (Baron) von Wetzel (1814-1886) of Schloss (Castle) Ober Morlen, who may have given this sword to Heinrich Sticksel. I have also contacted T. Wittmann who had also never heard of Carl H. Glauth and was thankful for the pictures and information I sent to him. I would like to thank Volker Lobner for his research and kindness in the many e-mails we have exchanged. I would also like to thank T. Wittmann for his years of work and friendly replies to my e-mails. My sword is pictured 1st, and the 2nd and 3rd pictures are another "C. Glauth / In Frankfurt a/M", Boar head Hirschfanger from Volker Lobner that will be featured in his next book, his 3rd.

Carl_Glauth.png (159.98 KB, 159 downloads)
1.jpg (48.8 KB, 157 downloads)
2.jpg (44.92 KB, 157 downloads)
Last edited by C. Wetzel-20609; 11/20/2022 05:46 PM. Reason: Added information