I agree with you 42.... It is a popular pattern both during the war, , and after. wink... As with ALL collectables,,,if its worth money it WILL be counterfeited sooner or later!

This pattern was made with a press and a die... In good condition the detail is very nice. The band thin, tapers. . Also the inner is finely polished. I have seen many. I've never seen one with a maker mark and most do not even have a silver content stamp in the inner band.

If you do some searches around here on Luftwaffe ring, Luft. ring, etc. you will find more really nice authentic examples shown inside and out..

Posting this pretty worn authentic examples for a reason.. Because a good ring will have detail. Even when worn,,you can tell at one time it had good detail! Look at the top,,2 acorns,,,on the fake in much better condition you can't really tell what the hell they are!
Also,, a period 'in wear' photo.
And,, a period advert. The ring was part of a series of other designs.. Same bands, framing to cartouche [oaks, leafs ] etc. The other is the Heer pattern..

uniform_deg1.jpg (41.85 KB, 79 downloads)
uniform_deg.jpg (55.62 KB, 80 downloads)
DAdegner.jpg (65.17 KB, 67 downloads)
Last edited by Gaspare; 08/17/2022 03:47 AM.